Code of Conduct
We ask all of our participants to be good ambassadors of our sports and events by demonstrating the following good behavior.
Participant Code of Conduct
• Play nice with my fellow racers.
• Be respectful of others using parks, trails, waterways and public spaces.
• Give thanks (& a shout out) to the volunteers.
• Be a good ambassador (volunteer for trail or park work or at other local events).
• Not litter – pack it in, pack it out (or dispose in appropriate containers).
• Inform an official if I withdraw from the event.
• Follow all race rules and adhere to sport specific safety guidelines.
• Not wear headphones (earbuds) during any portion of the event.
• Yield to faster participants, oncoming trafﬁc and pedestrians.
• Be responsible for my own equipment.
• Obey all trafﬁc laws.
• Wear a helmet on the biking portion of any event.
• Dismount my bike in the transition area.
• Keep my pets off the course during competition.
A reminder that the Traverse is all about FUN and the final Team Trek is a big part of that. Do whatever you need to do to stay together & hang with your cramping paddler – hold hands, link arms, tie yourselves together for a giant three-legged race, whatever it takes. For added incentive, your finish time will be based on your last teammate to finish.