From the desk of Jon Snyder
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Senior Policy Advisor to Governor Jay Inslee
MID-SESSION LEGISLATURE BUDGET UPDATE: As of last Friday all six budgets are out (operating, capital, and transportation for both chambers). Go here to see the all the budgets, clicking on the links will get you to the summary documents and actual budgets:
- Your Public Lands Are Killing You
- Gillnet controversy:
- Study Finds Racial Gap Between Who Causes Air Pollution And Who Breathes It
- Climate change forces wildlife to change migration routes in Northwest
- How Outdoor Recreation Supports Rural Economic Development
2019 Legislature news:
WA outdoor business news:
Hunting and Fishing news:
- Apr. 26: Federal Highways Bridge Program applications due to WSDOT Local Programs Division.
- Did you know? USDOT TIFIA Rural Project Initiative loans can be used to construct pedestrian/bicyclist infrastructure
Some information form Grants and Planning came from WSDOT Active Transportation email update, another great resource. Click here if you would like to subscribe to that WSDOT list.
As Executive Director of Recreation Northwest, Todd Elsworth promotes outdoor recreation and brings community together to enjoy, preserve and improve the places where we play. His decades of extensive event production, marketing and writing experience propel this passion. You might bump into him and his daughter Violet while they’re biking, hiking, paddling or skiing in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.