From the desk of Jon Snyder
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Senior Policy Advisor to Governor Jay Inslee
MID-SESSION LEGISLATURE BUDGET UPDATE: As of last Friday all six budgets are out (operating, capital, and transportation for both chambers). Go here to see the all the budgets, clicking on the links will get you to the summary documents and actual budgets:
- Your Public Lands Are Killing You
- Gillnet controversy:
- Study Finds Racial Gap Between Who Causes Air Pollution And Who Breathes It
- Climate change forces wildlife to change migration routes in Northwest
- How Outdoor Recreation Supports Rural Economic Development
2019 Legislature news:
WA outdoor business news:
Hunting and Fishing news:
- Apr. 26: Federal Highways Bridge Program applications due to WSDOT Local Programs Division.
- Did you know? USDOT TIFIA Rural Project Initiative loans can be used to construct pedestrian/bicyclist infrastructure
Some information form Grants and Planning came from WSDOT Active Transportation email update, another great resource. Click here if you would like to subscribe to that WSDOT list.
Todd Elsworth is one of the many “Mossy-haired lunatics roaming the dripping peninsulas”, described in “I’m Here for the Weather” by Tom Robbins. As executive director, he works to fulfill our mission to teach the health benefits of nature, promote outdoor recreation, and steward the places where we play.