From the desk of Jon Snyder
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Senior Policy Advisor to Governor Jay Inslee
Here’s my monthly round-up of interesting WA state outdoor recreation news.
- Federal government shutdown ends, outdoor recreation impacts continue:
- WDFW Fish-Hunt Fee Hike, Other Bills Introduced In Olympia
- President Trump Nominates David Bernhardt as Secretary of the Interior (outdoor organizations respond)
- The Great American Rail Trail Runs Through Washington State:
WA outdoor business news:
Hunting and Fishing news:
- Clark County RTP Open for Public Comment until Feb. 25.
- Email with feedback on Tacoma’s dockless scooter/bikeshare program
- Willapa Hills Trail/SR 6 crossing survey from State Parks
- Feb. 15: EPA Environmental Justice Small Grants Program applications due
- Apr. 26: Federal Highways Bridge Program applications due to WSDOT Local Programs Division.
- Did you know? USDOT TIFIA Rural Project Initiative loans can be used to construct pedestrian/bicyclist infrastructure
Some information form Grants and Planning came from WSDOT Active Transportation email update, another great resource. Click here if you would like to subscribe to that WSDOT list.
Todd Elsworth is one of the many “Mossy-haired lunatics roaming the dripping peninsulas”, described in “I’m Here for the Weather” by Tom Robbins. As executive director, he works to fulfill our mission to teach the health benefits of nature, promote outdoor recreation, and steward the places where we play.