From the desk of Jon Snyder
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Senior Policy Advisor to Governor Jay Inslee
Here’s my monthly round-up of interesting WA state outdoor recreation news.
- Federal government shutdown ends, outdoor recreation impacts continue:
- WDFW Fish-Hunt Fee Hike, Other Bills Introduced In Olympia
- President Trump Nominates David Bernhardt as Secretary of the Interior (outdoor organizations respond)
- The Great American Rail Trail Runs Through Washington State:
WA outdoor business news:
Hunting and Fishing news:
- Clark County RTP Open for Public Comment until Feb. 25.
- Email with feedback on Tacoma’s dockless scooter/bikeshare program
- Willapa Hills Trail/SR 6 crossing survey from State Parks
- Feb. 15: EPA Environmental Justice Small Grants Program applications due
- Apr. 26: Federal Highways Bridge Program applications due to WSDOT Local Programs Division.
- Did you know? USDOT TIFIA Rural Project Initiative loans can be used to construct pedestrian/bicyclist infrastructure
Some information form Grants and Planning came from WSDOT Active Transportation email update, another great resource. Click here if you would like to subscribe to that WSDOT list.
As Executive Director of Recreation Northwest, Todd Elsworth promotes outdoor recreation and brings community together to enjoy, preserve and improve the places where we play. His decades of extensive event production, marketing and writing experience propel this passion. You might bump into him and his daughter Violet while they’re biking, hiking, paddling or skiing in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.