From the desk of Jon Snyder
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Senior Policy Advisor to Governor Jay Inslee
MID-SESSION LEGISLATURE UPDATE: These bills have either passed the chamber of origin or could do so this week: 1028: Off-road vehicles/local gov, 1092: Metro parks commissioners, 1436: Snow bikes, 1516: DFW dog training, 1699: De-annexation parks dist., 1723: Active transportation safety, 2044: De-annexation metro parks dist., 5036: White tailed deer pop., 5148: Hunting visible clothing, 5613: Road vacation/body of water.
For more info on a bill input the bill number here:
- National public lands bill passes congress, awaits President’s signature:
- $738 million King County levy aimed at renovating, expanding parks and trails
- Diverse group of outdoor enthusiasts urges Legislature to fully fund the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- EPA ices Washington state’s effort to regulate hot water in Columbia, Snake rivers
- Orcas gain increasing clout during fishing season discussions
2019 Legislature news:
WA outdoor business news:
Hunting and Fishing news:
Ocean Shores councilman and community stalwart Jeff Daniel killed in jetty surf accident
- Apr. 26: Federal Highways Bridge Program applications due to WSDOT Local Programs Division.
- Did you know? USDOT TIFIA Rural Project Initiative loans can be used to construct pedestrian/bicyclist infrastructure
Some information form Grants and Planning came from WSDOT Active Transportation email update, another great resource. Click here if you would like to subscribe to that WSDOT list.
Todd Elsworth is one of the many “Mossy-haired lunatics roaming the dripping peninsulas”, described in “I’m Here for the Weather” by Tom Robbins. As executive director, he works to fulfill our mission to teach the health benefits of nature, promote outdoor recreation, and steward the places where we play.